Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letters from Meredith...

Hola, friends and family! My second week has been wonderful. I feel like I've gotten into the missionary routine. In our large group meeting a few days ago, we watched a video clip from Elder Holland where he told missionaries that our missions are "real life." It was a good reminder that this is what I'm supposed to be doing and that everything I think I may have left behind will still be there when I get back. What a wonderful week. Hermana Cooper (my companion) is absolutely wonderful. We get along so well! Last night we taught at the TRC for the second time. We did two Spanish contacts, then taught the first lesson in English for the second time. We're getting really comfortable with each other and our lesson went very smoothly. We asked really good questions and I felt like our "investigator" really understood what we were telling her. It's amazing that no matter the language, no matter how many stammers and stutters there are, any testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith will always invite the Spirit. I know that the Lord's hand is in this work. The other day we were practicing our lesson for the other hermanas in our zone and one of them asked a question. We kind of stumbled for an answer, then the most random analogy came to my mind. I shared it, and it seemed to really help clarify what we were teaching. Things like that happen every day and it's great! We've had some wonderful speakers this past week. In Relief Society on Sunday, Sister Ann M. Dibb spoke to us about the importance of virtue and chastity. It was so wonderful! Last night, Bishop Richard C. Edgley of the Presiding Bishopric spoke to us about preparing to be a good missionary. He stressed the importance of working hard and being obedient. Hermana Cooper and I work really hard, and I have seen how that blesses us in our contacts, lessons, and classes. Being at MTC is wonderful. Being an Hermana is even more wonderful. The week before we came in, the MTC President gave a talk about treating the sisters with respect. Consequently, sisters get their trays taken after meals and get to go first in line. Royal treatment! Spanish is coming along really well. We've worked a lot more on grammar this week. It's definitely humbling me and teaching me patience with myself because I can't expect to understand it from the start. I love being able to pray, testify, and carry on a simple conversation, though. Well, my time is short. Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. Because I don't have very much e-mail time, I do most of my writing through letters. I'm so grateful to be here and for the wonderful examples you all set for me! Have a wonderful week! Love, Hermana Cozzens

No comments: